The first alt-3 table of the new season will appear here during the week of September 16th, after the 5th Premier League matchweek.
(The table that appears below is the end-of-season table from last season!)
Season 2018-19: Now all done! This league table is now completely redundant. Until we start on the 2019-20 season…
|WHU||West Ham United||38||−3||52||10||10||38.0||1.37|
|BHA||Brighton & Hove Albion||38||−25||36||17||17||38.0||0.95|
Table written: 2019-05-12 19:16:47 (London time).
If this looks out of date, please try refreshing the page in your browser.
The league-table rankings are shown in the centre of the table, with the alt-3 league position in bold to the right, and the more standard league-table position (based on points already in the bag, with goal-difference to resolve ties where needed) shown in the grey section of the table, to the left.
In the central dark-blue vertical band are (typically) up- or down-arrows to indicate where teams are higher or lower in the alt-3 table than in the standard table. A solid arrow or indicates a difference of 3 or more league places.
The other numbers shown in the table are:
- The usual league-table summaries:
- Pld: matches played to date
- GD: goal difference
- Pts: league points accumulated to date
- The alt-3 league table:
- ePld: the alt-3 measure of each team's
effective number of matches played to date.
- Where ePld is less than the actual number Pld of matches played, the team has played tougher opposition than average and/or has played fewer matches at home than away; and vice-versa where ePld exceeds Pld.
- Where the difference between Pld and ePld is a whole match or more, the team's numbers in the alt-3 table are colour-highlighted (in light green where ePld is less than Pld, and light red where the reverse is true).
- Where schedule-strength imbalance is so strong that Pld and ePld differ by more than 2.0, the entry in the ePld column is shown in bold type
- Rate: the league points per effective
match played, i.e.,
Rate = Pts ÷ ePld .
- ePld: the alt-3 measure of each team's effective number of matches played to date.